Free Immigration Law Resources for Volunteers
The Immigration Justice Campaign supports its volunteers by providing access to an online library of training materials and toolkits that is tailored specifically to lawyers who are new to immigration court and immigration detention.
Our training materials are just one part of the support and guidance we offer our volunteers. Each volunteer also receives mentorship from an in-house attorney, joining a cohort of other volunteers with similarly-situated cases. Our volunteers often tell us that working with the Immigration Justice Campaign is a great way to get an education in immigration law.
Please consider joining our volunteer pool. We need volunteers with a wide variety of skills—lawyers, interpreters, paralegals, health professionals, advocates, and others who play critical roles in making this work successful.
Our highly-curated online materials provide step-by-step guidance to volunteers. These resources include:
- Introductory level webinars and presentations
- An introductory guide to immigration court practice and procedure
- Key excerpts of leading treatises, sample case files and exemplars, templates, as well as more advanced articles and practice pointers
- Live and recorded trainings
- Guided learning sequences that provide attorneys with a strong foundation in each subject area
To access our training materials, please register for an account.